Know any great Lutheran books related to parenting? Articles? Tips for kids in the pew? Or raising them up to keep ’em in the pew? Let’s get resources up here! Recommendations for both for ourselves and our kids! Lutheran parenting books & more!
(Non-Lutheran stuff can also be very helpful. Let’s have a page for that here.)
Help with Difficult Topics
- Talk about the Trinity with Trinity for Tots
- Introduce and discuss vocation with How Can I Help? God’s Calling for Kids
- Discuss the Divine Service with Whisper, Whisper: Learning about Church
- My Little ABC Liturgy Book
- Our Faith From A to Z (large text)
- Introduce and explore the Small Catechism with the Follow and Do Series (Six small books for the six chief parts)
- Explore creation with God Made It For You!
- Explore the Gospel with God Loves Me Such that He Would Give
- Ordering Our Days in His Peace
- Behold the Lamb: An Introduction to Christian Symbolism
- Worshiping with Angels and Archangels
Lutheran Family Organizations
General Parenting Books by Lutherans
- Starting Over by Mary Moerbe
This may not be special ed, but it is a special need book, written by a Lutheran mother.
Parenting by Ages/Stages
Newborn/Expecting Books by Lutherans
LWML has a short little pocket-sized book of letters suitable for baby showers and new mothers: Dear Mother: Devotions for Mothers, by Mary Moerbe.
Early Parenting Books by Lutheran
Parenting Littles in the Pew Books
Kloria Publishing hymn books are tremendous! They are illustrated hymn books in either board book or picture book format.
Lutheran articles or posts include:
- A Note to Parents with Wiggly Children, LW July 16, 2019
- Children and the Liturgy, Children in Church – Yes
Upper Elementary, Middle, & Junior High
Higher Things: Dare to be Lutheran