Lent & Lenten Resources
Here are some resources for discussing & practicing Lent with your children.
- Lutheran Liturgical Practices During Lent
- Do Lutherans Have to Give up Something & What is the Significance of Lent?
For Younger Kids
- Kids in the Divine Service are free bulletin inserts. Here are the weeks for Lent.
- CPH has a Lent & Easter Family Calendar (though you might ask your church to get them since they come in packs of 50!)
- Have you ever heard of a Lent Tree or a Jesus Tree? It’s like a Jesse Tree and goes through the major events of Jesus’ life during Lent. You can google it to find ornament patterns.
- Here’s a link for the free Lent and Holy Week volume of Hymns for Small Lutheran Hands.
For Older Kids
- Memorize the Athanasian Creed by starting on Ash Wednesday and ending at Trinity Sunday! Every line will be a blessing! Granted, it’s not a 40 day exercise, but still a very excellent spiritual discipline and education. I even put together this document pairing the text with each week. Athanasian Creed for Easy Memorization.
For the Whole Family
- Steadfast Lutherans offers a schedule to read through the Book of Concord for Lent. There is even an audio version.
- Higher Things has Reflections available for youth & families for throughout the church year.
- Here’s a neat guy for devotion, fasting, and almgiving.
- Every year, devotion books become available through CPH, Steadfast Lutherans, Lutheran Hour Ministries, and more.
Simple Articles or Explanations on Fasting
- 2158984866826_md: https://lutheranstockphotos.com/image/2158984866826