Who is looking for Lutheran teachers & tutors for 2021-2022? Obviously, there are a TON of Lutheran teachers out there, so this list is specific to Lutheran teachers, Lutheran tutors, and Lutheran classes marketed as homeschool support, either offering a la cart online classes or other online (or in person) educational services. (The downloadable product consists of names and email addresses.)
Can non-Lutherans can be fabulous teachers & influences on our kids? YES! Absolutely! No doubt! Still, why not offer some free publicity for Lutherans offering their professional services?
We have just started to collect names, so please do let me know if there are additional names to add. Thus far we have discovered:
Lutheran Teachers & Tutors for 2021-2022
Edeo Academy, Ellen Norris, English and Writing Tutor
Explore the Adeo Academy website. Ellen tutors, teaches, and offers essay feedback! Her hourly rate is $35 an hour and $20 an hour for essay feedback only.
Her website also offers her blog and newsletter.
Genevieve Biggs, English Tutor
Genevieve is working on a Ph D in Classics. Her masters is in Religion, and she has two BAs, one in Japanese and the other in World Literature.
Although her experience is primarily with high schoolers, she is open to working with middle school/ junior high ages. She is also happy to help students with learning and/or social disabilities.
She charges $25 per hour per student (which is pretty standard).
Christa Petzold: online theology for high schoolers
Three options start this fall:
- The first: “The History and Theology of the Lutheran Confessions,” a full year course with lectures, real-time discussion, assignments and grading
- The second: “The History and Theology of the Lutheran Confessions” in an asynchronous option for readings and video lectures only.
- The third: a discussion-based class on Male and Female: Embracing Your Role in God’s Design. This class functions as a Bible study topics surrounding manhood and womanhood, such as marriage, family, divorce, cohabitation, women’s ordination, homosexuality, abuse, etc. This discussion group will meet for an hour once a week for nine weeks in the fall.
Lutheran School Classes, a la Carte
This summer (2021)
Strength Training Class for Young Men at Wittenberg Academy
A sharp mind, a virtuous character, and a strong body: this is what it took to be a Citizen of Rome, or Athens, or Sparta. And these are still the goals every young man should strive for in our Republic.
[T]his Trinity Term for Citizenship, Fitness, and Strength Training, read stories of adventure and daring from history, learn about the armies and battles of the ancient world, ponder philosophy, and plot our own goals for fitness and strength. And then we will achieve them.
For young men at least 14 years of age
You may know Wittenberg Academy because it has pieced together an entirely free Lutheran & classical option for Kindergarten through Sixth grade here.
Wittenberg Academy also offers professional online classes for Junior High and High School enrollment, either as part of the diploma program or a la cart. Classes consist of pre-recorded/asynchronous lections, assignments/quizzes/tests, discussions held on online forums, and a weekly one-hour “live” class.
“Brick and Mortar” schools with online options:
- ALHS Online (High school, WELS)
- Faith Lutheran School, Plano TX
- Genesis Virtual Academy, Mayer Lutheran High School
- Lutheran South Academy/ Lutheran High North? Houston area
- Orange Lutheran High School